The Chincherini Foundation
operates with the purpose of ensuring children's rights, following five main principles:
- Technical and cultural viability. The Foundation aims at respecting the local cultures and the enviroment.
- Promotion of people's participation, so as to ensure that the population itself is the master of its own destiny.
- Cooperation with other charitable insitutions.
- Openness about the activities and the projects.The financial supporters can gain access of our every intervention.
- The acurate selection of the communities we help. They are picked among the neediest ones, and we aim at giving them the greatest and the most enduring relief possibile.
AREAS OF ACTION
- DIET AND NUTRITION: an inadequate diet causes a delayed development both physicak and psychological. Our interventions aim at ensuring that every child eat a heakty diet: we set up a dining hall, and training courses for the << mums>> who prepare the children's meals as volunteers.
- HEALTH: poverty, poor hygiene, lack of drinking water, hardship are the main sources of disease among the people supported and helped by the Foundation. Therefore, we want to make sure that at leat the children will to be attained, we set up a local ophthalic consulting room.
- TRAINING: the Foundation, in cooperation with some other Kenyan and Italian organisations drafted a project that aims at training youngsters who are unemployed or in economic distress. They will be groomed for working in a hotel. They also made a work experience, at one o f Parc Hotels Italia hotels, thus they came back to kenya with a found of experience, so much so that they are now working for some hotels in Diani Beach.
- EDUCATION: education is another essential area of action of the Foundaion. Over the years, it dedicated itsef to building a primary school for children.