Messina. Prize "Elio Vittorini". Appreciation for the"Germano Chincherini Foundation"Thursday afternoon the ONLUS Foundation "Germano Chincherini" received the "Special honor prize for social support - Elio Vittorini" in the Aula Magna of the University of Messina.
Antonio Riccobene, in charge for the Foundation in Sicily, collected it and told: "It was a very touching moment, when collecting the prize and surrounded by silence, we watched at all good actions the Foundation did since 2000, year of Germano Chincherini's death. Our sincerely wishes to the president, Mrs. Helena Chincherini."
The event was conducted by Domenico Venuti and promoted by the Culture assessor of Province Messina Mario D'Agostino, who, this year too, not only contributed to organize the event, but also to share the philosopy of this prize, which appreciate high cultural people and new artists.
- published and unpublished poetry;
- unpublished novel;
- published essay and ethno-anthropological research
Besides, there are the "Honor prizes" for distinguished deceased people who gave an important contribution to the Italian society, to scientific Research, to Law, to Medicine, to Journalism, to Social support, to Handicraft, to State Government, to Music and to the Arts.
These are the prizes:
1. for the poets Maria Luisa Spaziani and Corrado Calabrà honor prize for poetry;
2. published poetry: Gianna Paola Cuneo (winner), Vittorio Morello (second place) and Francesca Panarello (third place); special prize for Alessio Leonardi;
3.unpublished poetry: Olimpia Alfano (winner), Mariangela Biffarella (second place) and Rocco Tassone (third place); special prize to Francesca Giordanino; 4. essay: Luciano Armeli Iapichino;
5. novel: Concetta Cimino;
6. honor prize for historical chronicle: Carmelo Duro;
7. ethno-anthropological Research: Armando Riitano; for scientific Research to the research group "Corason"; for Law to Angelo Falzea; for Theater to Giovanno Boncoddo; for Medicin to Francesco Ferraù; for Journalism to Crisostomo Lo Presti; for Social support to the "Germano Chincherini Foundation"; for Handicraft to Francesco Agliolo Quartalaro; for Music to Giovanni Lombardo and for Arts to Turi Azzolina;
8. prize for peace among the people to Salvatore Martinez of the Foundation Mons. Di Vincenzo;
9. prize for High Humanity to the Solidarity Shelter of Don Pippo Insana.
"The Province Messina - told assessor Mario D'Agostino - counts an extraordinary human heritage, often left aside. Thanks to this event we were able to highlight those people and institutions which concretely and with passion put their energy in a social and cultural engagement, therefore we find it right to appreciate them. “.